Designed to provide mobility support, CS Acrovyn® handrails offer comfort, style and functionality, as well as being compliant with BS 8300 and Approved Document M.
With a wide range of colours and finishes on offer, Acrovyn® handrails can contrast with any background wall colour to help visually impaired people navigate around a building.
For a premium finish, choose our sustainable timber handrails with stainless steel accessories. In areas where hygiene is the primary consideration, our stainless steel model will provide a hygienic, easy clean surface.
Our Acrovyn® 4000, PVC-free wall protection, is the most environmentally friendly – and the best looking – impact protection solution we have ever produced. Formulated to eliminate PVC, it is also free from Persistent Bioaccumulative Toxins (PBTs), Bisphenol A (BPA), as well as halogenated or brominated fire retardants. It is also 100% recyclable.
Acrovyn® 4000 offers the same high performance as traditional Acrovyn® and best of all, it doesn’t cost any extra.
Handrails & Approved Document M
Approved Document M recommends the following for handrails in public buildings:
- Diameter should be between 32mm and 50mm for circular handrails
- Distance from the wall should be between 50mm and 75mm
- Distance from crank of bracket to underside of handrail should be 50mm minimum
- Return to wall end caps should be used to prevent clothing or objects getting caught
- Handrail colour should be sufficiently different from the background wall colour